Chicken is highly versatile and can be used in many different types of recipes. You can simply prepare this delicious meat as is, or you can add it to various other dishes for extra flavor and texture. Chicken is an excellent source of protein and contains no cholesterol, making it an ideal meat choice for those trying to lose weight. With that in mind, here are some delicious savory chicken recipes that you can quickly cook at home.
Instant Pot Butter Chicken
Butter Chicken is a popular Indian dish. It is made of rich, creamy curd made from yogurt and butter, mixed with spices and other ingredients. It is known for its creamy texture and delicious taste. This Instant Pot butter chicken via Corrie Cooks is full of the perfect amount of herbs and spices that will make your mouth water. Cooking it in an Instant Pot makes it a breeze to prepare enough for the whole family.
- 2 x lb cubed boneless skinless chicken
- 4 x tbsp butter
- 1 x chopped onion
- 2 x tsp minced garlic powder
- 2 x tbsp fresh, grated ginger
- 1 x tbsp curry powder
- 2 x tsp garam masala
- 3/4 x tsp smoked paprika
- 1 x can tomato sauce
- 1 x cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the statue setting.
- Add all of the species, butter, onions, ginger, garlic, and let it sweat down for 5 minutes (don’t forget to stir well, so the ingredients don’t stick to the pot).
- Put in your chicken and tomato sauce.
- Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Add in the heavy cream and stir well.
- Sauté once again until nice and thick.
- Serve atop some fluffy basmati rice.
Chicken piccata is a popular dish from the Mediterranean region. This classic chicken dish is marinated in olive oil and herbs and then cooked until tender. Chicken Piccata is a method for cooking chicken using only fresh ingredients. The recipe has been around for centuries and is still prevalent in Italy. Luckily, it is straightforward to cook and delicious to eat!
- 2 x lbs Chicken cutlets or chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 x cup flour
- 10 x tbsp Butter
- 1 x minced shallot
- 1 x tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 x cups chicken stock
- 1 x lemon juiced
- 2 x tsp lemon zest
- 2 x tbsp capers
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Using the flour, coat the chicken and shake off excess.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Add your chicken and sauté until golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
- To the pan drippings, add the shallots and sauté for about one minute to soften and release their flavors.
- Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Simmer the stock for 4-5 minutes until reduced by half.
- Put the heat on low, then stir in the rest of the butter as well as the capers, lemon juice, and zest.
- Put the pan-fried chicken on a plate with your favorite pasta or salad and drizzle over the piccata sauce.